2012 University Courses announced below
The life of your soil is in your hands - Your complete guide to healthier & more productive soil
This course covers:
- functions of each group of soil organisms,
- soil organism interactions and how that affects
- nutrient retention
- nutrient cycling
- residue decomposition
- soil structure
- understanding of soil/ plant chemistry
- management of soil biology/ chemistry
- microscope techniques (compost tea)
- scanning electron microscope demonstration (compost)
- two days in the field
- Compost making
- Compost tea and extract Brewing
The course is FarmReady approved.
Eligible primary producers and Indigenous land managers can claim a reimbursement of up to $1500 towards the cost of approved courses, as well as up to $500 towards reasonable associated expenses such as travel and child care per year. The FarmReady course identification number for this course is FRTC0564.
Click here for more information about the FarmReady grant.
- Date: 12th August 2012 until August 24th 2012
- 2 week course (+ 1 week reading to be done before commencment of course)
- Held at University of Melbourne, Dookie Campus, Victoria.
- No pre-requisites
- Cost: $2950.00 (incl. GST), $1850.00 for full-time students (incl. GST).
Students, limit to first 20 registered, and proof of current university enrolement required
- Price includes textbooks
- Agriculture based course with special attention paid to Mycology
Two day refresher course for past participants
- 18th & 19th August 2012
- Held at The University of Melbourne Dookie Campus, Victoria
- Course cost $275.00 (GST inclusive)
Dr Elaine Ingham (World Renowned Soil Microbiologist)
Dr Mary Cole (Leading Australian Soil Scientist and Specialist Mycologist)
Click here for course registration form
or 03 5629 1253 or Soil Foodweb Institute on (02) 6622 5150,
for more details.
These Documents are in PDF format.
Download the Free Adobe PDF reader if you need it.